So it has been a couple months… We have lots to share!
First of all, I would like to let you know about some changes that have been going on. In August we took a booth in Black Rose Antique & Collectables in the Chambersburg Mall. We are fully stocked with American Paint Co. products there and we offer an eclectic collection of vintage collectables, antiques and painted furniture as well.
In October an opportunity to relocate our booth inside Antique Marketplace of Lemoyne, so we took it. The result is lots of windows with lots of light, perfect for painting and a much larger area for our workshops. Please stop by and see our new expanded studio space.
And finally, a HUGE ANNOUNCEMENT!!! If you missed this on Facebook… WE ARE PROUD to announce that we are bringing another quality paint line, DIY Paint, to supplement our already popular American Paint Company line to further enhance your painting pleasure. Between these two quality paint companies you should easily be able to find the perfect color & finish for you project!
NOW…on with our story…. With the new space and all that extra room, we have been getting some painting done. The first project was this Lane Cedar chest. I purchased it from one of the dealers at the mall last January. I had originally planed to paint it with Vintage Velvet… but I never did get around to it.
Last October, we moved into our new booth and at that time my sister and brother-in-law were getting rid of a corner cupboard that was the home for their computer and I was fortunate to be on the receiving end. The corner cupboard was perfect for me to keep all my stuff for workshops in so I decided to paint it with APC’s Cannon Ball Black. I chose black so that I could use the doors as chalk boards to post upcoming events.
While I was waiting for the cupboard to dry, and holding a wet paintbrush in my hand, I decided to paint my cedar chest black. After that she went on hold and sat in black through the holidays.
Finally in, January, I was motivated to start painting her again… APC’s Sackcloth was calling her name. I put a coat on brushing in one direction, let that dry, then applied another coat brushing in the opposite direction, creating my “Rough Linen” look.
After that coat was dry, I applied one more coat to get the desired effect. At this point, black was showing as if it was covered with a thin linen cover. I loved that effect and decided not to add any more paint.
A week or so later, I stopped by AC More looking for a stencil, and came across this one. I knew it would be perfect for the top, a lacy look over the linen top. With my stencil in hand I headed to the studio to get started. I chose Crushed Tea for the stencil… not a huge difference in color, more subtle.
After the stencil was dry, I used a fine sanding sponge and sanded off some of the stencil. I applied a clear glaze with crushed tea mixed in, on the top clear wax on the sides.
I was thrilled with how it turned out. SOLD it in two days!
Watch for my next post… a time saving stencil tip just for you!